In the next two months, I’ll be hitting up Edmonton, Victoria, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Saskatoon, and taking in a festival in each of those cities. I love my life. My good friend Sophia suggested I write about my adventures. Well, ok. That sounds like a GREAT idea.
So here’s what I’m doing in the next 2 months:
- Edmonton Fringe (Aug 15 – 21… then I have to leave for Victoria Fringe) – reviewing for bloodyunderrated.net
- Victoria Fringe (Aug 23 – Sept 2) – front of house manager, Venue 4
- Vancouver Fringe (Sept 6 – 16) – stage manager, Gadfly: Sam Steiner Dodges the Draft
- Winnipeg Writers Festival (Sept 21 – 29) – well, I’m actually going to visit my boyfriend, but my timing coincides exactly with the writers festival… coincidence!? (well, yes)
- Canadian Festival of Spoken Word, Saskatoon (Oct 8 – 13) – volunteering in some capacity I hope
Other fall plans include doing videography for the Victoria Poetry Project (Tongues of Fire & Vic Slam), and volunteer work as the festival administrator of next year’s Victoria Spoken Word Festival. And I’m sure I’ll get up to lots more as well.
Oh hey, and while I have your attention, as of today I am unemployed. So if you know of a position that would suit me, send it my way! I plan on being utterly broke by mid-October. After that time I would like to not be broke. I am looking to work in communications, media, theatre, festivals, PR, event management, marketing… that sort of thing. The more flexibility, the better.